Program Title: Statistics and Research Design Graduate Certificate
Catalog description: The Statistics and Research Design certificate is targeted to students who are already in or entering a research oriented field to supplement their knowledge in statistical techniques and applied research areas. Prospective students may enroll in the fall, spring, or summer semester. Once admitted, they must complete 12 credit hours selected from the course list in order to receive the Certificate. Students may attend full-time (3 seminars per semester) or part-time (1 or 2 seminars per semester).
Requirements (including Admission) and Limitations for Specific Degree/Program:
- The candidate must have a bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited program.
- Be admitted to the Missouri State University Graduate Program.
Courses Required in the Department:
- PSY 745 – Statistics and Research Design
- PSY 752 – Research Methods
Prerequisites for Required Courses:
Permission from instructor.
Recommended Electives in Department:
Two or more of the following courses totaling 6 credit hours:
- PSY 627 – Advanced Psychological Statistical Methods
- PSY 751 – Seminar in Methods of Research
- PSY 747 – Single Subject Research Design in Applied Behavior Analysis
- PSY 629 – Psychological Tests and Measurements
The following courses with approval of coordinator based on topic.
- PSY 701 Symposium in Psychology
- PSY 796 Practicum
- PSY 797 Directed Research
- PSY 798 Internship